I haven’t 3bt’d for a while. It’s just not been a great time for it. Life got a bit stressful on the 25th August, but now I’m hoping things are changing – for the better. Here’s my first 3bt of 2009…
1. Getting a cuddle from my step sons before they go to bed. The small one sits on my knee and pats my back as he squeezes me.
2. A cup of refreshing tea, made and drunk while we chat about Twitter and the things people say…
3. Coming home after a long day out to find both puddy tats waiting for some attention from me. Now, the smallest sits behind my right shoulder, her paws resting on me.
The month is crazy and we’re just over halfway through. Work is pretty good at the moment – there’s been a bit of a change in the team dynamic, but I think for the long term it’s progress. I’m helping the CEO recruit a full-time marketing manager to replace me (part-time, temporary). I think there’s a lot of scope for a great person to make the most of the opportunity, but it’s going to take a special person to fit in with the team.
Today I’m taking the cats for their annual health check…deep joy! They hate it. Injections, thermometers in places they don’t normally acknowledge and a thorough examination by someone very strong.
Before the beginning of next month I need to replace the rear tyres on the BMW – deep joy again.
And, then, I am starting a new job. Wow. Redundancy is still fresh in the mind, but I’ve had some good luck.
So, with the cats on reduced amounts of food for some time to reduce their weights…the news is “she” lost half a kilo and “he” gained half a kilo. The Fat Cat got fatter and the Skinny cat got skinnier. How on earth do you put two cats in the same house on a diet successfully without one of them just eating the other cat’s food?
“She” is ok – but skinny – and needs dental food from now she is getting older. “He” is ok, just fat and needs to be on light food – he needs to lose a kilo.
You put dental food down for her and light for him – he eats the dental food and leaves the light. You feed them in seperate rooms and they don’t eat. I have already cut them down to one pouch between them and stopped the neighbour feeding him…
I’m going to have to rename him to “Bagpuss – saggy old cloth cat” if he doens’t stop getting fat!
1. Parked next to me tonight was another Z4 – as the driver pulled away she wound down her window and said “Nice Car”. She’s one of the ladies from my “hi-lo” class.
2. Today I saw a photo of a sofa that used to be in a flat I shared with B, many many moons ago. It’s indestructible.
3. Watching my cat play with the bubbles in the bath as she tries to work out whether they really are wet! She sits on the edge of the bath pawing at them while I read my book.