I haven’t 3bt’d for a while. It’s just not been a great time for it. Life got a bit stressful on the 25th August, but now I’m hoping things are changing – for the better. Here’s my first 3bt of 2009…
1. Getting a cuddle from my step sons before they go to bed. The small one sits on my knee and pats my back as he squeezes me.
2. A cup of refreshing tea, made and drunk while we chat about Twitter and the things people say…
3. Coming home after a long day out to find both puddy tats waiting for some attention from me. Now, the smallest sits behind my right shoulder, her paws resting on me.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a 3bts…so, bear with me a little bit longer…but here’s an attempt!
- An unexpected sunny day in October and spending it with my sis walking around Avebury
- Getting to spend quality time with someone special after a break – and realising how much you missed them.
- The fantastic atmosphere at the concert blows away all negative thoughts and stresses. Yay!
1. Though it’s never great to chop a healthy tree down, today I had a tree taken down that was dangerously close to my house, my neighbour’s house and both houses bathroom windows. I discovered my bathroom is so much brighter now – and I’m glad I painted it white. It’s a light room.
2. Stepping out of the office at lunchtime to rush home (for the above tree issue) and finding the sunshine warm and bright. I’ve returned to the office feeling very sunny myself!
3. There’s a bit of a buzz going on today and it’s very different to the normal atmosphere at work. All very good and positive!
1. Debating with a friend over a lunch date…”You won’t be here on Monday, you’ll be delivering your baby” – I said confidently. My friend insisted she would be here at 12:30 to have lunch. When she didn’t get here I smiled and wished her the best for a safe delivery.
2. A little baby boy was born later that same day – he’s absolutely gorgeous! Baby H as he is currently known…
2a. Doing a ring-around the girls from WW, as requested, and hearing lots of excited ‘ooohs’ and ‘aaahs’ at the end of the phone.
3. I ‘facebooked’ another friend to let her know about Baby H’s safe arrival only to hear that she has delivered a baby girl a few days earlier than expected…!
Congratulations to both sets of parents!
1. Good customer service from the people I bought my car from and who also service it. A seamless process from making a service appointment, to dropping the car this morning, being driven to my office, picked up again, paying for the car and finding everything shiny, clean and tidy. Ah yes, you really do get what you pay for – but it’s so worth it not to have any hassle.
2. Finding a boutique hotel that panders to your desires.
3. This morning it rained, which when I first peeked through the windows disappointed me. Realising the rain had stopped and that there was a haze all around delighted me remembering my grandad saying “the sun will burn this off in no time at all”. I like the idea of the sun buring the haze away…